Bendigo’s very own grassroots music festival turns NINE!
Are you a festival fan? Have you attended since the beginning…all nine years? We know there are one or two Bendigonians who are yet to experience the wonder and amazement of what plans to be our biggest and best festival yet! Because you are a local, we thought YOU should have the inside tips…so here’s our TOP 10:
- Download the Official Festival app and plan your weekend, to make sure you don’t miss your faves or miss a new magical discovery.
- Pull out your picnic rug, gather your family & friends, and get down to Rosalind Park on Saturday for the all-day family friendly concert from 11am-7pm…this really is a highlight!
- Catch some culture aboard one of the four Bendigo Blues Trams, a 2 hour journey, sipping some local beverages while enjoying TWO up close and personal performances from sublime Australian talent.
- There are more than 130 artists performing, from across Australia and internationally AND it is not just the Blues…folk, jazz, rock, funk, roots, and maybe even a touch of punk. See tip #1
- More than 40 venues across Bendigo, pubs, clubs, cafés, parks, laneways, balconies, wineries and even a tram!! Check out your own local watering hole or see the Official app for all venues.
- Pick up an Easy Rider Pass, it’s the only way to ride and gets you best seats in the house for John Butler (intimate & solo) @ Ulumbarra plus a heap of extra value – be quick there is less than 20 left!
- Artists not to miss: Checkboard Lounge, Danial Aaron, Electric Blues Collective, That Gold Street Sound…definitely Swamp Thing (NZ).
- Local Legends: Bill Barber, Sherri Parry, Steph Bitter Grim Fawkner.
- Meet the crew in our merch shop in the Morley’s building in Mitchell street, pick up a t-shirt or stubby holder and do your bit to support live music in Bendigo.
- Get out across the four days of this amazing Bendigo community festival… completely brought to you by an army of dedicated volunteers for YOU to enjoy.
Bendigo Blues and Roots Music Festival November 7th to 10th 2019, for all the latest updates check out www.bendigobluesandroots.com.au